PROPOSAL: fix tabs & spaces in default library

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 16 16:36:10 EST 2000

Personally I feel that the whitespace leading the line should be chunked into
groups of two or three spaces.  If you don't want to call the "thing" used to
identify a chunk a tab, then call it something else, but the tab key is convenient
to generate it with, and the usage is appropriate for tabs which have,
historically, been setable except for a small period of time on unix (and possibly
other) systems.

I don't like using leading spaces, as different fonts/platforms indent them
differently, and in some of them a space isn't large enough to detect by
eyeballing the code.