Test (ignore): Python mailing list may be down

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sun Feb 20 18:13:33 EST 2000

[Tim]

[Gordon McMillan [mailto:gmcm at hypernet.com]]
> You're coming through on the mail list.
> At least "Re: Could embeded Python echo evaluation?" (Feb 20)
> did, the last before that was "RE: Miscellaneous design and
> Python use questions" on Feb 18.
>
> low-on-winks-myself-ly y'rs

Yes, the "echo" msg was posted from Outlook Express via the newsgroup route,
as was the test msg to which you replied here.

All test msgs mailed to python-list at python.org (via a variety of origins)
have gone the bit-bucket route.  Msgs I mailed after Friday midnight
eventually bounced back with a "connection timed out" error.

A test msg posted from DejaNews just came thru on the list too.

So, tentative conclusions:

+ Mail->News has been busted all weekend.

+ News->Mail is working.

mailers-beware-ly y'rs  - tim