Installer Beta3f, and pythoncom, pywintypes

Lance Shuler lance.shuler at intel.com
Wed Feb 2 15:46:34 EST 2000

Hi,

I looked on Gordon's website and the searched Dejanews and haven't found
the answer yet. So, here goes...

I am trying to freeze a python code that accesses Excel using Windows
COM.

In Beta 3f, I am getting errors that were not present in Beta 3e. In 3f,
I am getting an error in bindepend that it cannot analyze
c:\winnt\system32\pythoncom.dll nor c:\winnt\system32\pywintypes.dll. Of
course these two files don't exist, except in "xxx15.dll" form. Here are
diffs from the a 3f logfile and a 3e logfile:

302,303c300,301
<  ('pywintypes', 'c:\\winnt\\system32\\pywintypes.dll',
'b'),                          --- 3f Builder.log ---
<  ('pythoncom', 'c:\\winnt\\system32\\pythoncom.dll', 'b'),
---
>  ('pywintypes', 'c:\\winnt\\system32\\pywintypes15.dll',
'b'),                      --- 3e Builder.log ---
>  ('pythoncom', 'c:\\winnt\\system32\\pythoncom15.dll', 'b'),

It appears that others have seen this in the newsgroup. My question is
what is the workaround to put in my ".cfg" file to allow me to continue
to build the exe correctly? For Windows COM, do I just need to revert to
Beta 3e?

Thanks,
Lance