small python implementation or python subset ?

Marc BRETTE mbre at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr
Wed Feb 9 05:05:58 EST 2000

Hi,
I am looking for a very lightweight implementation of python or for a
python subset definition.
I would like to run the python interpreter (or even the python
interpreter without its parser by running only python bytecode) in a
very restricted environnement (say a python interpreter less than 300
k), and I don't need all the fancy functionnalities of python.
I downloaded the 1.5 distribution but the binary is 1.5 Mb stripped of
almost all its modules. An older version (1.2) seems lighter (300 k),
but I don't want a dead distribution.
Does any one around knows about a lightweigth python or a way to strip
the regular python distribution ?

marc

--
Marc Brette