problem with setrlimit on Linux 2.2?

cgw at fnal.gov cgw at fnal.gov
Thu Feb 10 16:45:32 EST 2000

In article <14499.7397.57420.918651 at buffalo.fnal.gov>, Charles G Waldman <cgw at fnal.gov> wrote:

> I'm sure that just as soon as I press "send", I'll realize that
> something trivial is wrong with this code:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> import sys,os,resource,signal
>
> def sorry(*args):
>     print "Sorry, time's up"
>

> signal.signal(signal.SIGXCPU, signal.SIG_IGN)

Sorry to follow up on my own post, but of course I meant to say here:

  signal.signal(signal.SIGXCPU, sorry)

the SIG_IGN was left over from some experimenting - in any case,
neither SIG_IGN nor my handler function makes any difference - I think this is because the process is being sent SIGKILL instead of SIGXCPU (which would make this a Linux rather than a Python bug).