mxDateTime and MySQLdb on RedHat 6.1

Lenny Self lenny at squiggie.com
Thu Feb 17 15:20:19 EST 2000

Hello.  I am having trouble compiling these to new modules on my RedHat 6.1
Linux box.  Below are the errors I am getting on each installation.

*** mxDateTime ***
It says to to run:

make -f Makefile.pre.in boot

When I do it just comes back with:

make: Makefile.pre.in: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.pre.in'.  Stop.

I just decompresses the zip file and moved it to the proper location in the
python path /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/DateTime.  Any suggestions?

*** MySQLdb ***

When I run the build.py script as it says to do I get these messages:

cp: /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile.pre.in: No such file or directory
make: Makefile.pre.in: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.pre.in'.  Stop.
make: *** No targets.  Stop.
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "build.py", line 14, in ?
    import MySQLdb