use the module select in JPython

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Wed Feb 2 12:52:41 EST 2000

nhat <vominhnhat at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have problem with JPython 1.1 on Windows 98. I can use the module
"select"
> in Python 1.52 but not do it in JPython. You can explain me why and how to
> surmount.

JPython only supports a subset of the built-in modules (i.e.
modules that are written in C in CPython).  and in this case,
the fact that Java (last time I checked, at least) doesn't
support polling makes things a bit harder.

however, it should be possible to use threads to emulate this
module, and it listed as "being under consideration" on the
jpython.org site:

    http://www.jpython.org/docs/differences.html
    "working code would make the decision much easier"

</F>