Why Perl do But Python can't?

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Tue Feb 1 12:03:53 EST 2000

In article <058AFBA1CD7F1621.791F88D00D532EC1.0128BF9429776D7B at lp.airnews.net>,
I remarked:
			.
>>2:use expect mod ,but python dosn't have.
>>
>>is there better solution?
>			.
>			.
>			.
>As best I can understand,
>  use expect mod ,but python dosn't have.
>refers to Expect.pm, and has no particular relation to
>WWW, suid, sgid, or other elements of this post.
>
>In fact Python does have analogues to Expect.pm.  The
>little research I've done indicates that they're not
>well-researched.  I've been considering writing up a
			.
			.
			.
I made two errors in what I sent before.  The sentence immedi-
ately above should have read
  ... they're not well-maintained.
Moreover, I hiccoughed, and left out a paragraph on the module
that addresses this domain and *is* well-maintained: telnetlib
<URL:http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-telnetlib.html>
I apologize for the confusion.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>