Whitespace as syntax (was Re: Python Rocks!)

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Tue Feb 8 00:59:10 EST 2000

[fcahoon at my-deja.com, on Mon, 07 Feb 2000]
:: You know, Patrick, when viewed from deja.com, the way you've quoted me
:: is seriously mis-formatted.  I think the problem stems from your use of
:: tabs as indentation.
::
:: Good thing it's not python code, eh?

No, actually they were spaces. Too many spaces. ;)

:: Earlier in your post, you expressed pleasure at the prospect of Perl's
:: popularity waning (oops, I snipped that part before realizing I would be
:: referring to it).

Not at all. I was expressing pleasure at the prospect of Python's
popularity waxing. After all, that's what the majority of your paragraph
was about.

:: > [ ... remainder snipped for brevity (hope that's ok) ... ]

I'm all in favor of that.