PIL Fonts

Robert Kern kern at caltech.edu
Mon Feb 21 19:02:12 EST 2000

Try the PIDDLE dristribution.  http://piddle.sourceforge.net

> Has anyone considered incorporating the true type renderer at
> http://www.freetype.org/ into the PIL library.  This would would enhance
> the library considerably and solve the font availability problem.

I don't know about including bindings to FreeType in PIL, but I have
written an extension to expose almost all of FreeType's API to Python
and to render onto PIL images.

http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/Projects.html

I also have a slightly OO wrapper that I am cleaning up to make
rendering tasks easier.

I will try to get a Windows binary of version 0.6 up soon.

--
Robert Kern
kern at caltech.edu

  -- Richard Harter