Eight suggestions for Python books (long)

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Fri Feb 4 04:21:44 EST 2000

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 11:09:25PM +0000, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> for your amusement, here's a list of existing cookbook-ish
> Python books, in no specific order.

> + Python Annotated Archives (by Martin Brown):
> + Programming with Python (by Tim Altom):
> + The Python Grimoire (by Andrew Kuchling):
> + (the eff-bot guide to) The Standard Python Library,
>   eMatter edition (by Fredrik Lundh):

Dont forget the bookwork Deja can provide by searching for articles by Tim
Peters, and the Tim Peters shrine (http://www.python.org/tim_one/) It's no
way near ordered (except perhaps chronologically, but given the number
of time machines in the python community you're better off sorting by the
third word of every second line ;) but it *is* a nice collection of snippets
and insights into python. A gold-mine of knowledge, some of which is even
practical :)

shelve-your-sanity-before-reading-any-though-ly y'rs,

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>