ruby AND python

Robert Hicks rhicks at rma.edu
Thu Feb 10 21:04:56 EST 2000

I just read an interesting article about how the Ruby language is gaining in
popularity (specially in Japan). I found it interesting because it had a
direct comparison (several times) with Python. How will this language affect
Python? Will it drive quality and innovation? I hope so! What do you think?

Note: I think Python is a great langauge so do not take the remarks above to
mean that I think that the language is lacking in quality. I intend to be a
Python programmer for a long long time yet!

Bob