An FTP based Python Module repository (was Re: Imagemagick)

Adrian Eyre a.eyre at optichrome.com
Mon Feb 7 06:14:18 EST 2000

> there are *lots* of tools out there to mirror web-
> sites.  all it takes from the website is to make sure
> that everything is visible via plain links, and tools
> like python's "websucker" can to the rest.  without
> you being present.

It's still easier if the website's files are available
via ftp. Make the job of mirroring easier (no link-chasing),
and makes sure all files are transferred (including unlinked
documents).

If the guy running parnassus could provide an ftp interface
to the website, this should be good enough.

I still think the idea of perl's "install someModule" is
a bit suspect anyway.