eff-bot

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Mon Feb 14 11:16:03 EST 2000

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Emile van Sebille wrote:

> to the tim-bot.  I mean, there really is no Tim Peters, is there?
> Has anyone seen the tim-bot in human form?  It's just a self
> maintaining program written in, eh.., well maybe python now, but
> probably assembler fat-fingered into some early VAX that has
> managed to crib parts and pieces over the years and upgrade itself
> using every imaginable language and idiom available.  Probably
> doesn't even consume any power!  ;-)

I beg to disagree. Do you really think AI has progressed far enough?
Notice that Guido is the only one who claims to have seen Tim. Maybe it is
Guido has something to hide? Have you ever noticed Tim and Guido hardly
ever seem to disagree?

My Official Conspiracy Theory is that Guido is actually Tim. Sure, he has
a Python script answering the easy e-mails, but the gist of it is all
Guido.

now-i-must-hide-from-the-psu-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka at geocities.com>.
INTERNET: Learn what you know.