nonlinear programming?

Remco Gerlich scarblac-spamtrap at pino.selwerd.nl
Sun Feb 6 20:32:22 EST 2000

jeremiahrogers at my-deja.com wrote in comp.lang.python:
> is there a way for me to start on a function, then
> move onto another function before that function
> ends? I am working on an mpg123 frontend, and i
> want to start a song playing, then allow the user
> to either skip that song, or perform other
> essential tasks during the time when a song is
> playing. is this possible?

You need Threading. Different threads execute 'simultaneously'.

Look in Deja to find recent posts on learning how to do threads;
and there should be something on the python.org site.

Remco Gerlich,  scarblac at pino.selwerd.nl
"This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs, but the
 overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context"  (David Moser)