will python 3000 break my code?

Steve Holden sholden at bellatlantic.net
Fri Feb 11 08:02:35 EST 2000

The timbot wrote:

> [Ronald L. Dilsavor]
> > I am in the process of deciding whether to have a team of folks
> > invest in implementing our product in Python and this [presumed
> > incompatibility of Python 3000] was one of the "cons" on my list.
>
> As it should be!  Don't overvalue it, though.  For example, even if Python
> 3000 is an *entirely different language*, no C program stopped working the
> day C++ was released -- or a decade later, either.
>
> [much other reassuring and sensible stuff]
>
> it's-not-really-that-scary!-ly y'rs  - tim

With trepidation, I write to ask what the appropriate forum is for
suggesting language improvements -- and I don't mean introducing
redundant bracketing for block delimitation.  However, recent threads
have persuaded me that this probably isn't the forum for my lame
suggestions: you guys are busy enough.  I would have talked to people
at the conference, but then the weather and a client emergency meant
that all I got for my fee was an email acknowledgement.  Next year,
maybe...

regards
 Steve
--
"If computing ever stops being fun, I'll stop doing it"