Why doesn't the text appear?

Wayne infotechsys at pivot.net
Tue Feb 29 15:26:29 EST 2000

Hello,
I have two  module . In the first I have this code-

# test call method
from Tkinter import *
from TestModule import *

class CallModule:
         def __init__(self, master):
               frame = Frame(master)
               frame.pack()

               self.bCall = Button(frame, text = "Next", command =
self.callModule)
               self.bCall.pack(side = LEFT)

                self.bQuit = Button(fram, text = "Quit", command =
frame.quit)
                self.bQuit.pack(side = LEFT)

          def callModule(self):
                 doNextModule()

root = Tk()
callmodule = CallModule(root)
root.mainloop()

In the second file I have the code below. I would like to know why the
text is not visible when the
window appears but if the "Enter" key is pressed I see the text on my
termonal? TIA. Wayne

from Tkinter import *

class Var:
        def __init__(self, master):
               frame = Frame(master)
               frame.pack()

               self.field = Entry(frame)
               self.field.pack()

               self.value = StringVar()
               self.value.set("Jean-Paul Sartre")
               self.field["textvariable"] = self.value

               self.field.bind('<Key-Return>', self.print_value)

         def print_value(self, event):
                print 'Value is "%s"' % self.value.get()

def doNextModule():
       root = Tk()
       var = Var(root)
       root.mainloop()