An FTP based Python Module repository (was Re: Imagemagick)

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Fri Feb 4 15:02:14 EST 2000

    chris> I should note that the important thing here is that the modules
    chris> are actually _stored_ on the website in question, it must be a
    chris> complete archive of all the modules it presents, such that other
    chris> sites could reliably mirror it and get a copy of all the modules.

Yes, that makes a much stronger argument for an FTP archive.  I suppose you
could somehow require the web-base repository to actually contain the stuff
it reposits...

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098
"Languages that change by catering to the tastes of non-users tend
not to do so well." - Doug Landauer