PROPOSAL: fix tabs & spaces in default library

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Feb 16 13:59:49 EST 2000

Gerrit Holl <gerrit.holl at pobox.com> writes:

> in the default library reference, almost all modules are indented with
> four spaces, but not all. What about running a script on it so they are
> all indented four spaces?

Also, by the way, I would suggest that the Python distribution tries better to
comply with Guido's coding standards for white space within lines.  To make a
complete picture of what I would like for each and every line of code:

* four spaces per indent on the left,
* no space before function opening parenthesis in the middle,
* no spurious space at all, ever, on the right :-).

Guido does not agree that the third point is important, yet I think that
it is clearly mandated by perfection!  What else for us, anyway! :-)