BSDDB Pack function?

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Tue Feb 15 11:06:32 EST 2000

> approximately 3 times faster using your bsddb.

Well it finished running in under an hour, whereas the stock python bsddb
library took over four hours to finish.  However, at the end, when I had
deleted around 150,000 rows from the table, leaving 25,000 rows, the file
itself had not "shrunk" at all and was still over 200 mb.  This is okay,
since it's rare that you'd really want to deallocate the disk space, since
it's just going to get used again next time you add more records, however a
"pack" function (like we had for dbf files) would be nice.

Is there one or must I export the file to flat ASCII, and re-create a file
to pack it down when much data is deleted?

Warren Postma