Circular references and python

Alexander Williams thantos at chancel.org
Wed Feb 2 23:41:41 EST 2000

On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 20:22:04 -0800, James Logajan <JamesL at Lugoj.Com>
wrote:

>The vast majority of code (and programming languages) in the world require
>explicit memory de-allocation. I don't believe that a GC scheme has yet been
>invented that will work well for all problem domains. I'm sure if it had,
>we'd all be using it by now. ;)

Once upon a time, the vast majority of programming languages used
explicit register allocation at the Assembly level, but then C was
introduced.  Strangely, however, it was not /immediately/ taken up as
the Holy Grail, it took time to insiduously spread.

--
Alexander Williams (thantos at gw.total-web.net)           | In the End,
  "Join the secret struggle for the soul of the world." | Oblivion