Files and Directories

Patrick K Moorman khadji at pld.com
Sun Feb 6 22:25:15 EST 2000

Thanks to everyone who answered my last question, it is good reminder that
computers do *ONLY* what they are told.  I am trying to write a little
script that will rename files in multiple directories.  What am a looking
for is a way to take each item returned by os.listdir() and test to see if
it is a file or a directory.  I have gone through the lib reference but I
did not see anything that would work.  I know very little about programing
or Pyhton (if you haven't guess yet)  and I am learning by doing.  Or not
doing as the case is right now :)