small python implementation or python subset ?

Brian Lloyd Brian at digicool.com
Wed Feb 9 11:01:33 EST 2000

> It is a somewhat difficult job to trim python down quite that small
> and still have much left...
>
> In the context of some research we are doing, we are exploring some
> ways to use Python in a trim embedded environment.  Anyone else doing
> this sort of thing?

When I first started out on Python for CE I did a draconian
build that scrapped all but the most utterly essential builtin
modules (I think I only kept sys and strop, in fact). As I
recall, the python15.dll that popped out was 250K-ish. As you
pointed out though, hitting the size target doesn't help much
if what's left is too minimal to solve your problem...

Brian Lloyd        brian at digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909