Whitespace as syntax (was Re: Python Rocks!)

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Tue Feb 8 04:19:50 EST 2000

Roy Smith <roy at popmail.med.nyu.edu> wrote:
: I'm a hard-core python addict, and I agree 100% with fcahoon.  This
: sillyness with indenting for statement grouping is without a doubt the
: most serious blemish on the language.

I am in exactly the same position. It was a serious design error.
I wonder how the CP4A people are going to explain to complete
computer illiterates that a python program can contain errors that
are _not even visible_ when you look at the code.

Cheers,

---
Thomas Hamelryck    Institute of Molecular and Structural Biology
Aarhus University   Gustav Wieds Vej 10C
DK-8000 Aarhus C    Denmark