Whitespace as syntax (was Re: Python Rocks!)

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Tue Feb 8 05:39:09 EST 2000

<fcahoon at my-deja.com> wrote:
> You know, Patrick, when viewed from deja.com, the way you've quoted me
> is seriously mis-formatted.  I think the problem stems from your use of
> tabs as indentation.

nope.  it stems from your use of a crappy
newsreader.

> Good thing it's not python code, eh?

so what?  dejanews has a view source mechanism,
which is there for anyone to use.  or you can use
dejanews classic:

http://www.deja.com/=dnc/threadmsg_ct.xp?AN=582911827.1

so in other words, once you learn to use your tools,
this is a non-issue.

</F>

    "Now, imagine that your friend kept complaining that
    she didn't want to visit you since she found it too hard
    to climb up the drain pipe, and you kept telling her to
    use the friggin' stairs like everyone else..."
        -- seen on comp.lang.python, june 1998