Formalizing PO utilities

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Feb 15 21:46:44 EST 2000

Hi, people.

Some while ago, I announced the packaging of `xpot' within a distribution
named `po-utils'.  `xpot' is a POT file extractor which works for C,
C++, Python, and other PO files.  In case you wonder, a POT file holds
the translatable program messages from a given package, a PO file also
contains the translation of those messages to a particular national language.

I took a few hours today (taking a rest from other things :-) for removing a
bit of dust from the mailing lists I take care of, and used that opportunity
to set up mailing lists for `po-utils'.  So, I should not bother you again
here about PO utilities, please subscribe if you would like to stay informed.

The Web address for PO utilities is (or should be):

   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po-utils/HTML

The latest copy is:

   http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po-utils/po-utils-0.5.tar.gz

You can subscribe to mailing lists by sending either:

   subscribe po-utils-announce
   subscribe po-utils-forum

in the body of a message sent to mailto:majordomo at iro.umontreal.ca .
These lists are brand new, and I presume these will stay rather quiet,
yet one never knows for sure. :-)

                                          Keep happy, all!