Misunderstanding classes (newbie)

sorry at spam.invalid sorry at spam.invalid
Wed Feb 23 07:51:42 EST 2000

Thanks for replying.  You've written part (b), which I was also
able to do.  But how do I get (a) the modified UserList and (b)
the list of class elements into a single instance?  I want

   a[whatever_I_decide_is_the_start_of_the_list].lastname

to return

   a[0].lastname

automatically, and have whatever_I_decide_is_the_start
_of_the_list default to 1 when I create an instance of
the class.