PyQT,PyKDE failure:

Warren Postma embed at geocities.com
Wed Feb 23 13:27:00 EST 2000

I tried to install some RPMs for PyQT and PyKDE and got the following error
on my system. I had to install PyKDE using the following command because it
didn't recognize PyQT as being installed on my system:

rpm --upgrade --force --nodeps PyKDE*

It was saying PyKDE requird PyQT but when I typed "rpm -q PyQT" it returned
the correct version of PyQT as installed.

Has anyone else got PyQT working, and what RPMs did you install?
[i am using Red Hat Linux 6.1]

Warren

---

The traceback error when I attempt to run a demo of PyQT is:

Traceback (innermost last):
File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/idle/ScriptBinding.py", line 131, in
run_module_event
execfile(filename, mod.__dict__)
File "/usr/doc/PyQt/examples/aclock.py", line 4, in ?
from qt import *
File "/tmp/PyQt-0.10.1-root/usr/lib/python1.5/qt.py", line 16, in ?
import libqtc
ImportError: /usr/lib/libsip.so.1: undefined symbol: __pure_virtual