Excel Question

Bill Wilkinson bwilk_97 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 12:11:11 EST 2000

Hello

I use Excel in a Python application I have written.  It works wonderfully
most of the time.  But from time to time my user will have two copies of
Excel open.  So when I run the code:

>>> import win32com.client
>>> e = win32com.client.Dispatch("Excel.Application")

I never know which running version of Excel I am going to connect to.  Does
anyone know of a way to assure that I am connecting to the running version
that the user is currently working with?

fyi.. my program is called by a button on the open Excel spread sheet.

Many thanks for any suggestions.