Ann: PMZ - Poor Man's Zope

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Fri Feb 4 09:33:55 EST 2000

gmcm at hypernet.com (Gordon McMillan) said :

>Paul Prescod wrote:
>
>> Does it makes sense for there to be PMZ, DTML (two variants!), Python in
>> ASP and Python Server Pages? Is there a need for a new
>> python-in-html-sig to standardize this stuff?
>
>Hmm. Looks to me like PMZ runs anywhere, DTML in Zope,
>ASP under IIS and PSP under a servlet style web server.

This sums it up really nicely -- meaning that there is somethig for
everyone, depending on what you can or cannot build on... I must say that
it can get really depressing sometimes, finding some ready-made stuff that
neatly solves a problem you were having, only to find out that actually
implementing that stuff depends on so many layers upon layers that you
don't already have, that it sometimes makes the solution impractical.

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/