Rudimentary dict (RFC 2229) client library

Jim Meier fatjim at home.com
Sat Feb 19 02:56:24 EST 2000

Hi all;

I needed to use some dict servers and wanted to do it in python. Since
there's no standard library module for this, I wrote a simple one myself.
It's missing some of the bells and whistles of the dict protocol, and
isn't exactly an illustration of the best way to do it; but it gets the
job done.

I'm posting it here in the hopes that someone else will find it useful. If
you have any corrections (or nitpicks), please let me know!

--Jim Meier
BillyGrahamBot: the dissotiaton of choice.
<billybot> The road to our Armageddon will be required to run on both
           Linux and Microsoft Windows NT. We might be seeing you in
           heaven.
<billybot> And God told him to be extensible or to accomodate other UI
           paradigms than text terminals.