Charts

Stuart Reynolds S.I.Reynolds at cs.bham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 13:10:48 EST 2000

Jeff Blaine wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:31:41 -0700, Thierry Thelliez <thierry at acm.org> wrote:
> >Is there any packages for creating charts (histograms, scattered plots,
> >line charts,...) in Python ?
>
> I had this very same need recently.  I got all excited about the Gnuplot
> module until I found out that it requires the Numeric C extension to Python.
> Was immediately disinterested, as I saw no reason for a pipe-based wrapper
> to require a C extension.

I have a Gnuplot module that doesn't need Numeric:

  http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~sir/pub/

However I've stopped maintaining it now and use Michael Haggerty's
instead.
  (for everyone else, its at:)
  http://monsoon.harvard.edu/~mhagger/Gnuplot/Gnuplot.html

You should definately install Numeric. Its a top quality package for all
sorts of stuff - it should definately be part of the standard
distribution.

Stuart