Python MySQL.connect() [resolved]

Jim Conger jimc at regnoc.com
Fri Feb 4 13:44:03 EST 2000

I finally figured out the problem.  It turns out that old libc library
versions interfere with the mySQL security logic.  The result is that logical
names for devices, such as "localhost" and the machine name are not
recognized.  Simply upgrading to the latest libc library solved the whole
problem.

Thank you to everyone for help on this.

Jim C.

--