Python on the Palm

Steve Menard steve.mnard at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 15 09:13:14 EST 2000

I understand your frustration. I have recently gotten a nice PalmV, but I
really simply cannot stand to program it in C, nor any of the other
non-commercial languages I've tried.

But do not despair. If you can patient, there is currently a project, called
Stackless Python, that can help you. I am in no way related to that project.
However, after have chatted a little with the authors, they assure me that a
version (base on CPython 1.5.1) will be available soon for the palm. I do
not know what level of functionality will be available, but that's certainly
a step in the right direction.

Af for possibility, I can definitely tell you it's possible. I have looked
at porting myself, and while it's not a simple job (there's not even the
concept of a file on palm!), it is doable.

The URL for stackless is http://www.tismer.com/research/stackless/

news:38A8D6E6.A18DBCE5 at pehr.net...