Life's better without braces

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at pobox.com
Tue Feb 22 15:35:39 EST 2000

<quote name="Andrew M. Kuchling" date="951150482">
> [2] I occasionally think about this problem.  The setup: GvR was far
> too profligate in adding functions to bltinmodule.c that could have
> been written in pure Python instead.  So, how many built-in functions
> can you re-implement in pure Python?

These are possible:

abs, callable, chr, delattr, divmod,
execfile, filter, getattr, hex, input, int, isinstance, issubclass,
len, list, long, map, max, min, oct, range, raw_input, reduce, reload,
repr, setattr, tuple, vars.

These aren't:

apply, buffer, coerce, compile, complex, dir, eval, exit, globals, hash,
id, intern, locals, round, slice, type, xrange

lets-rewrite-re.py-in-100%-pure-Python-ly y'rs - Gerrit