Haskell or Python!

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Fri Feb 4 02:12:09 EST 2000

[Paul Prescod]
>> The coolest thing about functional programming languages is the
>> totally inscrutable terminology. Monads, gonads and lambda -- oh my!

[Andrew J Bromage]
> As opposed to perfectly clear terminology like "xrange", "DEDENT"
> and "pickle", you mean? :-)

Paul *likes* functional languages, btw -- don't get him wrong here.

>> (one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just
>> does not belong, if you....)

> Wait... don't tell me... I know!  "Lambda" is supported in Python and
> the others aren't, right?  What do I win?

Paul's gonads <wink>.  The one that actually doesn't belong is "monads",
because it's the only one of the three unlikely ever to be heard in a Monty
Python skit.

that-lambda-isn't-dead-it's-simply-...-resting-ly y'rs  - tim