Pythonic concurrency (was: Erlang (was Re: Good introduction to

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Sun Dec 31 21:50:20 EST 2000

Just van Rossum (just at letterror.com) wrote:
> They do.

Yup, microthreads treat Python opcodes as atomic, including system I/O
calls and calls to C extensions. This is because Stackless Python is a
mechanism for tweaking the execution order of the Python virtual machine,
which steps thru Python opcodes. My earlier assertion was sloppy. My bad.
--
import string,time,os;print string.join((lambda x:x[:10]+x[8:])(map(
lambda x:string.center("*"*(lambda x:((x<24) ### Seasons Greetings, Will Ware