win32security.AdjustTokenPrivileges

Patrick Blanchette pblanchette at pixelsystems.com
Tue Dec 5 13:34:26 EST 2000

I,
   I'd like to reboot a windows NT station using a Python script.  It is
supposed to be possible using the Python extensions for Windows.  I try
the following code but an exception is thrown after the call to
AdjustTokenPrivileges:
hProcess = GetCurrentProcess()
processToken = OpenProcessToken(hProcess, TOKEN_ADJUST_PRIVILEGES |
TOKEN_QUERY)
procPrivValue = LookupPrivilegeValue (None, SE_SHUTDOWN_NAME)
AdjustTokenPrivileges (processToken, 0, (provValue, SE_PRIVILEGE_ENABLED) )
ExitWindowsEx(EWX_REBOOT | EWX_FORCE, 0)
-->
Traceback (innermost last):
TypeError: A TOKEN_PRIVILEGES object must be a tuple of (LARGE_INTEGER, int)

How should I use the AdjustTokenPrivileges function?

thank