Parallel Computing

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Dec 7 19:40:03 EST 2000

In article <874s0fpzr2.fsf at lisboa.ifm.uni-kiel.de>,
Janko Hauser  <jhauser at ifm.uni-kiel.de> wrote:
>There are modules which wrap parts of MPI and PVM, both are available
>from the starship or look at the vaults for a link to them. If you
>want to have parallel communication between Python programs there are
>many different ways, like Dopy, Pyro, CORBA, SOAP, XML-RPC...
			.
			.
			.
Good answer.  The original questioner wrote
>>I haven't had much luck on finding anything about parallel computing via
>>Python.  Does Python support this?  Or do we just need to write a C
			.
			.
			.
It can hardly be overemphasized that "parallel computing"
means different things to different people, and it'll likely
be best for the original questioner to specify his needs a
bit more narrowly.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net