Smalltalk/ROSE-like prog. environment?

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadicsltd.com
Tue Dec 5 15:18:32 EST 2000

Bjoern

Yes. There are three free cross-platform tools I recommend you to look at
for deep and enduring inspiration:

1.  Boa Constructor
wxPython visual IDE in Python. It gets better all the time.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/Boa-Constructor/

2. KeyKit
object oriented midi programming toolkit with very interesting interface
also written in KeyKit's own oops script language. Brilliant fun stuff
http://nosuch.com/keykit/

3. PD [Pure Data]
object oriented Midi programming tool.. some very interesting ideas also
about how interfaces, data, object and message passing can and should work.
you could use PD for example to rapidly mockup the sort of system you would
like to see and then go about adapting it for python use. you might even be
able to use PD source for your widget set.
Hard to describe, but potent as soon as you use it. Simplicity of the
interface is part of its genius.
http://iem.mhsg.ac.at/pd/   [be sure to get GEL as well!]

good luck and please keep me posted on this topic

- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']
news:90j2gg$kpf$1 at news.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de...