[Pythonwin] Pywin encoding (again)

jj at void.si jj at void.si
Thu Dec 28 04:59:02 EST 2000

Is this issue fixed, because I cannot edit scripts in cp1250 using
pywin, but it works on PyWin Interactive Prompt and in SciTE 1.34
(code.page=1250; character.set=238)

for example this code entered in pywin iprompt creates a file 5 bytes
long, but if its run as a script saved with pywin it
creates a file 10 bytes long.

f=open('/tmp/a.txt', 'w')
f.write('šðèæž')
f.close()

is there some workaround to write cp1250 scripts with pywin?

JJ

In article <3A301090.3060304 at ActiveState.com>,
  Mark Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote:
> Arturo Pérez Mulas wrote:
>
> >     - Is it possible to write Python scripts under Pythonwin using
> > non-ascii characters (latin-1 or cp1252 in my case) in comments,
> > docstrings, etc?
>
> Not with any of the relased win32all versions :-(
>
> There have been a few patches posted here just after 135 was
released,
> and by all accounts they work fine.
>
> So the next win32all/ActivePython should have it fixed.
>
> Mark.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/