Python interpreter in python?

jnix at medi.physik.uni-oldenburg.de jnix at medi.physik.uni-oldenburg.de
Fri Dec 22 11:08:53 EST 2000

"Steven D. Majewski" <sdm7g at virginia.edu> writes:

> Thats just the fancy name they sometimes  use for a Lisp interpreter
> written in Lisp. The top level loops on (PRINT (EVAL (READ))) --
> and usually the exercise is to implement EVAL.

This opens a huge number of choices - for example you could implement
the Python VM in Lisp, or the Lisp VM in Python. You could also run
the normal Python interpreter written in C in a C interpreter like
cint [http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.html] (Interestingly enough, cint
seems to be Open Source Software by Hewlett-Packard). Not even to
mention writing a C interpreter in Python, or to generate a gcc
backend which translates assembler code into Python bytecode...

in what language the world might be interpreted ?

But I would certainly like to see a Python VM written in Modula-3..

Johannes