Can't load jpeg image with PIL (win32)

Ahn, Jae-wook mail at codex.pe.kr
Tue Dec 26 10:17:07 EST 2000

Dear Mr. Scahffer.

Thank you very much for your help. I downloaded your binary package and
installed it, but I can't still read jpeg images. Here I include the error
message.

PythonWin 2.0 (#8, Oct 19 2000, 11:30:05) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32.
Portions Copyright 1994-2000 Mark Hammond (MarkH at ActiveState.com) - see
'Help/About PythonWin' for further copyright information.
>>> import Image
>>> im = Image.open("c:/temp/02.jpg")
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "d:\program files\python20\pil\Image.py", line 894, in open
    raise IOError, "cannot identify image file"
IOError: cannot identify image file

Other formats like gif, and bmp have no problem. I extracted PIL package
into my Python2.0 directory and extracted your zip file into the same
location. Maybe I made a mistake, but I can't figure it out. Please help me.

news:874rzsh2g9.fsf at optonline.net...