Problems compiling on Sunos5

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath rvprasad at cis.ksu.edu
Wed Dec 20 12:34:15 EST 2000

Hi,

I am trying to compile Python 2.0 on Sunos 5.  I am able to compile but many
functions are not being supported.  When I execute configure, the list of
functions checked by configure are reported as not supported but all those
functions are available.  For example, strftime() is reported as not available.

Is this a problem with the configure script or something I have to specify when
configuring.  My configure command was as follows

configure --with-threads=/usr/lib --with-cycle-gc --without-libdb

Can somebody tell me how can it be solved?

--
Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath