using execfile() in class/instance methods

Wayne Cuddy wcuddy at lserv.ja10629.home
Fri Dec 8 18:12:25 EST 2000

I am attempting to use the execfile() function to "source" a file that
has valid python code to create a diction object:

bn { 'key' : 'value1',
        'key2' : 'value2' }

I am issueing this command from a class constructor method and would
like bn to be bound the class instance.  So in the future I can say:
        print self.bn['key']

Is this possible?  I assume I am screwing up the global() and locals()
arguments to the function which I can say that I don't fully
understand.  Also is there another better/worse way to do this???just
so I can see what else is out there..

Thanks in advance,

Wayne