xml-rpc module question

Scott Hathaway slhath at home.com
Tue Dec 19 00:28:41 EST 2000

Hello,

I have taken the xml-rpc module and added the following to the call area:

def CubeIt(x):
   return x**3

def call(self, method, params):
   if method == 'CubeIt':
   return CubeIt(params)

And, I call this with the following client call:

import xmlrpclib as x
testing = x.Server('http://localhost')
print testing.CubeIt(3)

And I get the following error:

C:\Projects\core>python core_client.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "core_client.py", line 7, in ?
    print testing.CubeIt(3)
  File "xmlrpclib.py", line 547, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "xmlrpclib.py", line 630, in __request
    request
  File "xmlrpclib.py", line 585, in request
    return self.parse_response(h.getfile())
  File "xmlrpclib.py", line 601, in parse_response
    return u.close()
  File "xmlrpclib.py", line 371, in close
    raise apply(Fault, (), self._stack[0])
xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault 1: "exceptions.NameError:There is no variable named
'CubeIt'">

Can anyone help me out?  I am sure that I am not creating the CubeIt
function properly.  I am totally lost.

Thanks,
Scott