DCOracle-1.3.2 makefile problem .er. opportunity?

Bill Scherer Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com
Thu Dec 21 10:14:02 EST 2000

I've heard one account of big problems with DCOracle on RedHat 7
(I'm assuming that's what you mean by "Linux 7").

Anyhow, it looks like you don't have the python-devel rpm installed.
Try installing that.  Get it from your RedHat cd or from rpmfind.net.

Then you should have the missing /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile.

Alternatively, get the Python source and configure, make, make install
that.

Good Luck!

tim at 2wave.net wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm no makefile expert, I'm afraid, and am trying to build DCOracle-
> 1.3.2 in Linux 7 (for Oracle 8.1.6), and not succeeding :-(. I've
> followed the makefile instructions provided, and get to the problem
> below. I haven't found any references to others having this problem on
> comp.lang.python, so I wonder if any of you who have been down this
> path before recognise the error - and point me in directions which
> might overcome it!
>
> ------------------------------
> root> makefile -f Makefile.pre.in boot
> rm -f *.o *~
> rm -f *.a tags TAGS config.c Makefile.pre python sedscript
> rm -f *.so *.sl so_locations
> VERSION=`python -c "import sys; print sys.version[:3]"`;
> installdir=`python -c "import sys; print sys.prefix"`;
> exec_installdir=`python -c "import sys; print sys.exec_prefix"`;
> make -f ./Makefile.pre.in VPATH=. srcdir=.
>      VERSION=$VERSION
>      installdir=$installdir
>      exec_installdir=$exec_installdir
>      Makefile
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/tim/rpms/DCOracle-1.3.2/src'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target'/usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile'
> needed by 'sedscript'. Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tim/rpms/DCOracle-1.3.2/src'

> Thanks
>
> Tim
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/
> --

William K. Scherer
Sr. Member of Applications Staff - Verizon Wireless
Bill.Scherer_at_VerizonWireless.com