Mapping Python objects and XML

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 13 16:14:24 EST 2000

Hi,

If I need to map Python objects into XML structure and vice-versa, is
there any Python class I can use as base class?

Mapping Python objects into XML probably is not too hard, if the
objects don't contain things like object-bound methods. How about the
reverse process? I think I can include the class tag in the XML, so
during the re-creation process, I can call the appropriate
constructors for the objects. I think a base Python class can be
created to handle this kind of things, if the data fields are not too
exotic (e.g: numbers, strings) This must be a very common need. So I
am wondering whether this base class is already available.

(By the way: anything similar in Java?)

Thanks!

Hung Jung