ID3V2 : Python script to rename MP3 file using ID3 V2 tag.

ccang (bigpond) calcium at altavista.net
Sun Dec 17 05:21:21 EST 2000

Hi there all,
I recently posted a Python script to rename an mp3 file
using it's id3 tag. However, this only did id3 v1.

I've got another script which does id3 v2. (sort of).
See http://www.id3.org for more info on id3.
However, it only reads id3v2 tags.
There is no facility to create id3 v2 tags or
handle extended frames info.
Maybe my next post.

It is far from complete. Only doing it out of interest
as there doesnt seem to be any V2 implementations
in Python.

Script available from
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~calcium/scripts.html

Regards,