Compiling Python 2.0 with Berkeley DB 3.0.55?

Carsten Gaebler cg at schlund.de
Fri Dec 15 04:08:25 EST 2000

Hi there!

In our company we have a Linux server with the Berkeley DB 3.0.55
installed and some DB-3.0.55 files. I compiled Python 2.0 out of the box
on that machine and the dbhash module worked fine for the DB files. But
on my own workstation I get the error message "Invalid argument" from
dbhash.open() when I try to open a DB-3.0.55 file. I compiled Berkeley
DB 3.0.55 and replaced the db*.h files in /usr/include/ and libdb.a in
/usr/lib/ but it just won't work. Any hints?

Regards
Carsten.